Process Engineer (Site Technology)
In this role, you will be responsible for the optimisation and technical support of existing commercial process equipment at the Cork facility & support the introduction of new processing technologies to the site. You will have a strong technical competency, excellent analytical & problem solving skills, be self-sufficient, and have a demonstrated capability in the application of innovative concepts and solutions in a regulated manufacturing environment.
· Lead key site equipment related process improvements projects and initiatives
· Lead key site equipment related process investigations & root cause analysis requiring detailed data analysis, experimentation or requiring the use of the Cork Pilot Plant Development facility equipment
· Act as the site Subject Matter Expert with respect to a number of key processing technologies onsite & and with respect to new processing technologies being introduced to the site
· Be proficient in data analysis and six sigma methodologies in the delivery of innovative process and robustness improvements
· Support Site Technology activities in the Pilot Plant Development facility and Site Technology Analytical Laboratory. Lead/support site projects requiring bench scale or pilot scale assessment.
· Work collaboratively with Site Technology Process Scientists & Analytical Scientists, and with Engineering and Manufacturing Operations colleagues to troubleshoot and optimise commercial processes
· Work closely with Global Manufacturing Science and Technology and R&D, on the introduction of new process technologies to the Cork site.
· Support the Site Technology Team in meeting departmental and site KPIs & work collaboratively with Quality, EHS, Engineering, Manufacturing Operations, Supply Chain and Finance to ensure site deliverables and commitments are met.
Education & Experience:
· Degree in a Mechanical, Chemical Engineering or related discipline
· Min 3 years' experience within a regulated manufacturing environment i.e. Pharmaceutical/Medical device/Food (exceptions may be made for candidates with suitable academic qualifications).
· Demonstrated project management skills, including the ability to deliver projects on schedule and meeting the predefined quality requirements.
· Experience in the Oral Solid Dosage forms is desired with experience in any of the following areas is an advantage: tablet compression, encapsulation, wet granulation, tablet coating, PAT
· Ability to manage both projects and own routine activities. Ensure that priorities are effectively established and controlled. Provide the necessary guidance and leadership on technical projects where required.
Fastnet has a strict confidentiality policy - please be assured that your details will never be forwarded to any third party without your consent.
Fastnet - The Talent Group
'Not Just Placers.........Partners'
The Life Science Specialists