Our Client a leading Medical Device company have open positions for a Senior & Mid level Molding Engineer's to join their team.
Plays a leading role in the area of injection molding related activities, including new tool qualifications and resolution of supply and quality issues encountered during day-to-day running of the business.
1. Responsible for design, development, implementation and ongoing support of polymer-based injection molded components used in the manufacture of products offerings.
2. Serve as both technical expert in the field of injection molding as well as a project manager for molding related projects, working regularly with Research and Development (R&D), Operations, Supply Chain, Quality and suppliers.
3. Manage molded commodities over life cycle including tactical and strategic activities to support ongoing business such as product, process, quality and cost improvement initiatives, supplier and resin changes, material obsolescence.
4. Troubleshoot molding issues in conjunction with supplier and lead/support internal investigations as required.
5. Work closely with molding suppliers to ensure reliable supply of parts.
6. Responsible for ensuring adherence to quality system through creation and update of specifications, metrology, setup, design control and qualification and Failure Models and Effects Analysis (FMEA)
7. Identify critical dimensions and work with suppliers to ensure proper process controls are in-place.
8. Must have proven ability to participate in team atmosphere, exhibit and create a sense of urgency and maintain effective working relationships with peers, customers and suppliers.
9. Concurrent management/support of multiple projects.
10. Create and maintain project schedules, lead and participate in cross-functional team activities to achieve program objectives.'
Education & Job Skills:
1. (Experience/Education) National Framework of Qualifications (NFQ) Level 7 qualification in a relevant discipline. 4+ years of relevant work experience or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
2. (Technical/Business Knowledge (Job Skills)) Wide application of technical principles, practices and procedures within the field of polymer component manufacture, in particular within the field of injection molding. Strong understanding of business unit functions and cross group dependencies/relationships. Will perform role within quality system environment. Failure to adequately perform tasks can result in noncompliance with governmental regulations.
3. (Cognitive skills) Works on problems of diversive scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. Exercises judgment within generally defined practices and policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. Has a sound knowledge of various technical alternatives and their impact.
4. (Influence/Leadership) Establishes and cultivates an extensive network of support to facilitate completion of assignments. Participates in the development of less experienced staff by setting an example, providing guidance and work direction, and offering counsel. May lead a project team. Participates in determining goals and objectives for projects. Influences middle management on technical or business solutions. Interacts frequently with suppliers.
5. (Planning/Organization) Plans and organizes non-routine tasks. Initiates or maintains work schedule. Establishes priorities of work assignments.
Fastnet has a strict confidentiality policy - please be assured that your details will never be forwarded to any third party without your consent.
Fastnet - The Talent Group
'Not Just Placers.........Partners'
The Life Science Specialists