The primary purpose of this job is to support manufacturing through the continuous development of CNC manufacturing processes and implement projects for Compliance, Supply and Cost purposes.
This senior position is part of a team within the Machining Centre of Excellence that contributes to the overall business metrics. This position will provide project leadership on step change CNC continuous improvement projects and will also include liaison with outside suppliers and other Design & Manufacturing sites to ensure all goals and targets of the manufacturing process are achieved. A significant part of the role is working on projects with sites where some travel may be required.
* Lead CNC development projects reducing manufacturing costs and improving CNC machining strategies and capabilities across the global orthopaedic network.
* Development of machine accuracy qualification process which ensures machine accuracy verification at any point of the machine tool lifecycle.
* Engaging with external CNC application development vendors to improve speed and scale of CNC development and duplication.
* Deliver key projects for the Machining group ensuring targets are achieved.
* Drive process improvements/capacity increases through New technology/equipment introductions.
* Design & develop tools, fixtures, gages and special equipment for manufacturing operations and new product / process introductions in conjunction with Tool room Technicians and Manufacturing Engineers.
* Identify capital spend and budget requirements for process improvements.
* Preparation and maintenance of all relevant manufacturing specifications.
* Preparation and project management of all projects including supporting documentation as required.
* Focus on reduction of unit cost of production ensuring project scope and targets are correctly specified and achieved through the project.
* Support ongoing Safety Incident corrective actions and ERGO team initiatives/actions
* Degree qualified in a relevant Engineering / Science discipline, with 5+ years relevant experience.
* Experience in CAD and CAM generation essential with knowledge of Siemens NX is advantageous.
* Experience with Fanuc control's and Fanuc Macro B programming.
* Experience with 5 Axis Mill Turns, Horizontal Milling and 4 Axis Lathes.
* Experience in Validation of equipment and implementation of automated machining solutions is desired.
Fastnet has a strict confidentiality policy - please be assured that your details will never be forwarded to any third party without your consent.
Fastnet - The Talent Group
'Not Just Placers.........Partners'
The Life Science Specialists