Health and Safety Officer
Reporting to the EHS Manager in Cork, the Heath & Safety Officer will have responsibility for all aspects of Health and Safety on a large construction project on the Cork manufacturing site.
- Manage EHS project requirements from a Client construction safety perspective within main construction site (including. review/ approve method statements, issue permits, perform inspections & audits, Client primary point of contact, interface with Contractor Safety Representative).
- Manage all EHS requirements for an interdependent Construction Project within a live manufacturing; this is outside the construction site and in a live manufacturing area so Construction Heath & Safety Officer will manage all method statements, issue permits, interface with all relevant departments.
- Monitor and enforce the implementation of the contractor Health & Safety Management System & ensure Client safety requirements are fully addressed
- Manage all site driven permits for Construction eg excavation permits; and Client responsibilities outside main construction boundary.
- Identify site specific hazards and ensure they are addressed in the Contractor site documentation and in a practical manner on the site.
- Carry out health & safety auditing onsite and address non-conformances as they are identified with contractors.
- Monitor contractor compliance & strict adherence to site rules by all contractors & appropriate follow-up as required.
- Drive a safety culture by being a champion of best practice; the importance of health and safety on the job; and by suggesting improvements to existing methods of work.
- Collate EHS metrics and supply same to Client EHS/Project team (hours worked, persons onsite, hours injury free, first aids etc)
- Point of contact for any regulatory site inspections. Ensure construction site is match fit for audit purposes
- Minimum of 5+ years experience
- Hold a third level qualification in Occupational Health and Safety.
- Have a strong understanding and in-depth knowledge of H&S regulatory requirements and codes of practice.
Fastnet has a strict confidentiality policy - please be assured that your details will never be forwarded to any third party without your consent.
Fastnet - The Talent Group
'Not Just Placers.........Partners'
The Life Science Specialists