An excellent permanent career opportunity has arisen for a dynamic Project Controls Engineer to join the Major Projects Team (Portfolio Value c €1.5 Billion) of a leading Commercial Semi State charged with the maintenance and development of key national strategic project for utilities.
The successful candidate will track and coordinate project progress on a day-to-day basis by providing timely and accurate Cost & Schedule Management information to the Project Manager, Finance team and the wider project team.
The role will involve the data gathering, management and analytical processes used to predict, understand and constructively influence the time and cost outcomes of the project; through the communication of information in formats that assist effective management and decision making. Main deliverable s to be produced and maintained on a weekly, bi-weekly and monthly basis will be the Master Project Cost Report, Change Management Log, Contingency draw down log and curves, Project Cash Flow projections, Project Forecasts and ongoing cost trends. The Role will provide Forecast out turn costs and accruals information on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
Cost and Schedule Management
- Provide input to the development of the Project Controls - Cost Management Plan
- Manage the development of detailed project scopes and budget allocations, cross referencing to benchmarking data where applicable
- Drive cost engineering activities to ensure availability of timely, accurate cost information, and forecasts via the system tools and processes
- Manage the monitoring & tracking of the project cost performance to determine significant irregularities, trends and variances and suggest corrective action
- Deliver cost management updates at weekly project team meetings
- Responsible for updating budget information, expenditure information, and forecasts into the cost reporting system(s)
- Develop and process changes in the change management system. This may require interface with all project stakeholders
- Support the Earned value analysis process based on input from project leads. Recommend corrective actions where negative trends are emerging
- Track and log all approved and proposed Project Changes and incorporate in to the Master Project Cost Report
- Track and monitor contingency draw downs and make recommendations as required
- Lead the facilitation of cost trending meetings and analysis
- Work with Project Managers in the development of project budgets and forecasts
- Ensure alignment of Project Control Budgets / Costs / Forecasts with the Baseline Project Schedule and track any emerging trends and recommend corrective actions as required.
- Responsible for the accurate and timely recording of financial transactions on the Financial Systems including working with procurement and AP to ensure the correct treatment of contracts, changes and invoices.
- Responsible for establishing a process to ensure all internal payroll time is to be recorded against the projects and is done in a timely manner
- Work with the Project Managers to correctly identify accrual requirements where information or documentation has not yet been recorded on the system
- Support the key interfaces with Financial Control team to identify and explain variances and other exceptions
- Support both project managers and governance and risk teams in the drafting of financial information for approval papers
- Responsible for capture of information required for Capital Allowances purposes
- Responsible for capture of information required for Capitalisation purpose.
- Degree in Engineering, Construction Management, Surveying (or other relevant 3rd level qualification)
- A minimum of 7 years of experience required working with project management, project controls, cost, scheduling, budget analysis, contract administration and change control estimating on large scale capital investment projects
- Good understanding of design, procurement, and construction management services processes and their inherent cost performance risks is required
- Knowledge of the Operating Procedures for Project Controls & Cost Management functions
- Knowledge and understanding of the scope of works for large capital investment projects
- Able to communicate effectively with all project team members will be required.
- Ability to work on one's own initiative and seek direction from Project Manager as required
- Work in conjunction with Major Project PMO to support the delivery of A "Best in Class" Project Controls Function on Major Projects
- Knowledge of Project Scheduling Packages (Primavera P6, MS Project etc.), Financial Management Systems (Oracle) and Document Management Systems (SharePoint)
- Good ability to manage time and workload effectively which includes planning, organising and prioritising with attention to detail
- Proven ability to create and develop good working relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals, coupled with the ability to gain commitment from others
Fastnet has a strict confidentiality policy - please be assured that your details will never be forwarded to any third party without your consent.
Fastnet - The Talent Group
'Not Just Placers.........Partners'
The Life Science Specialists