Leading Cork MedTech M/N requires an experienced Manufacturing Engineer to join their team on a 12-month contract to support manufacturing through the delivery of specific projects for process development, introduction of new manufacturing technologies, new facility start up and ongoing support as required.
* Support the day to day manufacturing operation environment to allow operations to meet its targets.
* Support business key metrics with ongoing process improvements and introduction of new technology.
* Deliver key projects to the Value Stream which will positively impact on the key metrics.
* Competent in validation requirements on new equipment introductions/processes/process changes.
* Design & develop tools, fixtures, gauges and special equipment for manufacturing operations and new product / process introductions in conjunction with Toolroom Technicians and Manufacturing Engineers.
* Identify capital spend and budget requirements for process improvements.
* Preparation and maintenance of all relevant manufacturing specifications.
* Preparation and project management of all line extensions/NPI including supporting documentation as required.
* Focus on reduction of unit cost of production, through accountability for specific cells i.e. Consumable Cost, Scrap Cost and Cell Efficiency.
* Support ongoing Safety Incident corrective actions and ERGO team initiatives/actions
* Degree qualified in a relevant Engineering / Science discipline.
Certified Project Management qualification preferred
* Relevant experience in a similar role within medical device/healthcare/pharma/aerospace or comparable hi-tech environment.
* Previous project management/leadership expertise preferred or involvement in continuous improvement or strategic projects.
* Demonstrated ability to lead significant projects to completion, on time and within budget.
* Experience in equipment or process validation.
* Demonstrated leadership skills and the ability to make effective decisions.
* Knowledge of Medical Device Cleaning Technologies, Packaging processes or Laser Marking.
Fastnet has a strict confidentiality policy - please be assured that your details will never be forwarded to any third party without your consent.
Fastnet - The Talent Group
'Not Just Placers.........Partners'
The Life Science Specialists