Our Cork based client currently have an open position for a Site Electrical Engineer to join their team.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
1. Support the development and management of the site electrical infrastructure and make improvements to ensure it is reliable and robust for the present needs and for the sites long term future.
2. Lead the control of electrical drawings, ensuring new drawings records are produced, reviewed and existing drawings are updated.
3. Lead and/or support design of instrument wiring, drawings, loop drawings, MCC schematics and general service/lighting schematics. Review and approval of such drawing produced by consultants for projects.
4. Develop and update all statutory periodical maintenance of all site electrical equipment, switchgear and control gear.
5. Develop electrical PM's for areas where they presently do not exist and expand electrical PM's where they presently existing.
6. Support the site Electrical Maintenance (e.g. Thermographic, LV and HV Maintenance, PAT, Equipotential Bonding) and ensure all recommendations are closed to ensure site compliance.
7. Development and maintenance of site wide electrical specifications and drawings to ensure that they are at the most up to date revision for actual installations.
8. Support the management of all electrical contractors on site to ensure they comply with the electrical specifications and deliverables set out by the electrical engineer i.e. adherence to site rule, procedures and project deliverables.
9. Maintenance and upgrades of the electrical facilities systems such as lighting, emergency lighting, UPS systems, small power, BMS system, Fire Alarm, door access control, CCTV, cable containment systems, earthing and lightning protection system, transformers, MV \ LV panels etc...
10. Troubleshoot electrical related process problems & equipment failures to determine root cause hence instigate repair using the latest lean tools & techniques.
11. Project manage electrical projects on site and assist with multi-disciplined projects where required.
12. Coordinate with quality and EHS on matters where an SME electrical input is needed.
13. Provide leadership and coaching to technicians as required and support problem solving and continuous improvement efforts across all areas of the sites.
14. Manage Requisitions and financial needs to ensure site discretionary budgets and capital budgets are met.
15. Ensure project design and installations meet the requirement of EU directives such as ATEX and Machinery Directive and CE compliance.
16. Develop critical spares list for site electrical utilities and main MCC panels & ensure that critical spares are in stock or are readily available at all times. Ensure that an effective programme is then maintained.
17. Placement of PO's for equipment and spares is within the job role as is other administration work required to carry out your functional work.
18. Input into site Maintenance system 'INFOR' to ensure recorded hours and recurring issues are identified and remedied.
Fastnet has a strict confidentiality policy - please be assured that your details will never be forwarded to any third party without your consent.
Fastnet - The Talent Group
'Not Just Placers.........Partners'
The Life Science Specialists