The Senior Quality Engineering Supervisor will primarily be responsible for assisting and improving where necessary all quality systems and monitoring production process for compliance to implemented process controls.
- Developing and maintaining quality world class systems related to the manufacture of guide wires while developing employee efficiencies.
- Direction of the relevant quality engineers in areas of responsibility
- Direction of the relevant inspectors in areas of responsibility
- Playing a role in the plant annual objectives.
- Monitor production process for compliance to implemented process controls to ensurequality product is shipped tocustomer and provide:
- Potential improvements for review with engineering based on the trends.
- Areas for Improvement to management.
- Review and ensure that for areas of responsibility (and those of direct reports) documents listed below are approved in an appropriate and timely manner
- Material Review Request (MRR).
- Variation Permits (VP).
- Supervision of quality engineers to ensure compliance for their areas of responsibility.
- Project meeting attendance as required.
- Attend and participate in daily cell meetings.
- Maintain training records for all reports.
- Maintain Core records for all direct reports and raise issues concerning timekeeping should they occur
- Ensure open communication exists between the quality engineers and all other groups in order to facilitate the speedy dissemination of relevant changes and improvements to both products and processes.
- Work efficiently using own initiative, escalating decisions to the Quality Manager as, when, and only when, necessary.
- Ensure the company behavioural standards are adhered to, setting the example yourself for your direct reports.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Ability to communicate and work with people inside and outside the department.
- Good communicator (written and oral).
- Ability to train and lead.
- Ability to co-ordinate, plan and organise in a timely manner.
- Good technical report writing skills.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Engineering or science Degree preferably with Quality Engineering included.
- 5 years medical device experience desirable
PHYSICAL & MENTAL DEMANDS.
- Work effectively with close tolerances in a fast paced demanding environment.
Fastnet has a strict confidentiality policy - please be assured that your details will never be forwarded to any third party without your consent.
Fastnet - The Talent Group
'Not Just Placers.........Partners'
The Life Science Specialists