Our Client based in Wexford currently has an open position for a Senior Polymer Engineer to join their team.
- The main function of this role is to utilize the principles of materials, chemistry and polymer science & engineering to identify and solve technical challenges with PTFE coated product, in particular to support New Product Introduction and Product Development activity by identifying and evaluating existing and emerging PTFE & related coating material technologies that may serve to advance the current state of the manufactured devices and components.
- Develops collaborative & productive relationships with key external vendors to specify and achieve the performance requirements of coating materials.
- Develop specifications, test methods and processing methods to meet product design, quality and cost requirements.
- Prepares technical proposals, reports and documentation suitable for communication with senior management, customers and regulatory bodies.
- Learn current Integer PTFE Coating and associated processes and equipment in order to understand them, so as to be competent in providing technical support within the organization to solve problems. Assist in training employees in new or improved processes.
- Lead projects, using standard Integer methodology from concept development through validation and commercialization.
- Carry out process and product characterization and validation.
- Process / layout design and implementation.
- Sourcing, specifying and purchasing production equipment, jigs and fixture specification and development
- Develop and support related documentation: - ECO generation to introduce changes and maintain DMR documentation
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Minimum of Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Material Science, ideally with relevant polymer processing experience in the areas of coatings.
- Experience of working in a regulated environment (medical device or pharma) essential.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Knowledge of engineering theories, methods and work measurement techniques.
- Knowledge of experimental design required for use in process and product characterization and validation. Ideally familiar with Minitab.
- Ability to apply engineering methods in the definition, design, research, development, utilisation, maintenance, and cost-control of processes and equipment to build Lake Region products and improve quality and reduce costs of such processes and products.
- Ability to communicate and work with people inside and outside the immediate Department as necessary to execute these responsibilities, including excellent written communication.
- Ability to train and lead assigned employees.
- Ability to understand and follow appropriate Departmental policies, procedures, practices and to understand inter-relationships of people and functions.
- Knowledge of general manufacturing operations, project management, quality control, test and inspection.
Fastnet has a strict confidentiality policy - please be assured that your details will never be forwarded to any third party without your consent.
Fastnet - The Talent Group
'Not Just Placers.........Partners'
The Life Science Specialists