Leading Cork MedTech M/N requires an experienced Manufacturing Engineer CNC to join their team on a 12-month contract with responsibility for developing manufacturing process steps on CNC Machine tools and working with other team members to deliver the validated product to market.
* Develop the CNC manufacturing process to meet project milestones
* Participate in validation requirements on new equipment introductions / process changes
* Design & develop tools, fixtures, gauges and special equipment for manufacturing operations and new product / process introductions in conjunction with Toolroom Technicians and Process Engineers.
* Preparation and maintenance of all relevant manufacturing specifications.
* Focus on reduction of unit cost of production, through accountability for specific cells
* Support ongoing Safety Incident corrective actions and ERGO team initiatives/actions
* Drive process improvements/capacity increases through new technology / equipment introductions.
* Degree in Mechanical/Production/Manufacturing Engineering
* 2+ years in a medical device or comparable hi-tech environment
* Proven track record in development, of CNC milling or Turning manufacturing process steps.
* CAD / CAM experience
* CNC operation setting & programming experience (Fanuc Compatible)
* Background in trades or technical discipline
* Certified Manufacturing Technologist (CMfgT) or City and Guilds 7579 Computer Aided Engineering Qualification or Similar
* Operation of 5 axis mill-turn machining centers
* Unigraphics NX Cad Cam experience
* Proficiency of GD&T
* Experience in regulated industry, FDA, ISO, etc.
Fastnet has a strict confidentiality policy - please be assured that your details will never be forwarded to any third party without your consent.
Fastnet - The Talent Group
'Not Just Placers.........Partners'
The Life Science Specialists