Industrial Engineer required for a leading Medical Device Manufacturer in Wexford. Permanent position, excellent opportunity.
Provide leadership, training and support to the Site in an effort to achieve "Best-in-Class" performance by eliminating waste in all manufacturing and business processes, radically improving cycle times to our customers and creating an environment focused on continuous improvement. Responsible for determining the most effective ways to create a product or service. Develops ways to increase productivity, maximize efficiency, and manage human capital more effectively.
- Conduct work measurement, method studies to develop standard times and process measurement
- Design and develop efficient Plant layouts to improve product/process flow to maximise value added
- Develop best practices, methods and incorporating best practice ergonomic principles.
- To take part in and give guidance to cross-functional teams rolling out the Lean Manufacturing initiatives throughout the facility.
- Responsible for analyzing, designing and implementing manufacturing and business process improvements that increase capacity, reduce lead time, reduce the work-in-process and improve process flow and efficiency
- Projects will incorporate lean manufacturing, theory of constraints, quick response manufacturing, Just-in-time, Methods-Time Management or a variety of other system improvement philosophies
- To support the quality concepts inherent in the business philosophies including a variety of job related tasks, which may not be specific to this position profile.
- The ability to lead a project from conception to closure.
- Estimate & secure the cost benefit of specific projects.
- The auditing of processes to ensure that gains are sustained.
- Assist in the development of corrective action when requested.
- To act as a Lean Manufacturing resource to support other departments.
- To actively promote the necessity to reduce cost in order to achieve competitive advantage.
- Bachelors Degree (or higher) in Industrial Engineering or relevant qualification
- 5+ years direct experience in a similar Lean Manufacturing/Operational Excellence role
- Experience in equipment/process setup time reduction and process improvement projects the medical device industry preferred
- Proven project management skills and leadership and demonstrated ability to execute and manage complex projects and programs
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Experience implementing CI/Lean methodologies such as Kanban, VSM & A3
- Understanding of performance metrics such as OEE, Mean Time Between Failures, Uptime/Downtime etc
- Experience developing standards(labour/machine) and performing resource modelling
- Expertise with MS Office applications including MS Project
- Ability to successfully operate in a team environment
Fastnet has a strict confidentiality policy - please be assured that your details will never be forwarded to any third party without your consent.
Fastnet - The Talent Group
'Not Just Placers.........Partners'
The Life Science Specialists