Our Cork based pharma client currently have an open position for a Field Service Engineer to join their team.
- Plan and coordinates activities concerned with installing equipment, investigating and resolving customer reports of technical problems with equipment, and eliminating future operational or service difficulties by performing the following duties
- Provide advice on the use and care of instruments to customers, maintaining a high level of technical and customer management skill.
- Maintain on-going communication with other Company staff and ensure adequate liaison with and support for, the Sales team.
- Plan & organize preventive maintenance visits
- Promptly complete and return relevant paperwork (and electronic evidence) associated with service visits and installations.
- Attend, and assist in the organisation of training courses, meetings and seminars.
- Provide assistance and advice to Field Service and Regional Service Manager on matters relevant to the Company's area of business.
- Maintain a positive and collaborative working relationship with other field service staff and the Sales force to ensure the customer needs are understood and met.
- Maintain stocks of useable spares, regularly reviewing the stock to optimise stock holding in keeping with instruments serviced.
- Ensure that tools and test equipment supplied by the Company are maintained in good and fully functional condition.
- Maintain an up-to-date awareness of changes to instruments and the wider aspects of technology.
- Complete allocated jobs in the shortest practical time. Where work cannot be completed retain ownership to see through to completion.
- Seek opportunities to expand the after-sales support business.
- Active selling of Service Agreements and products, seeking opportunities for future business opportunities.
- Comply with Environment, Health and Safety (EHS) Policy, laws, rules and procedures and completes all EHS training within agreed deadlines.
- Appropriate engineering or scientific education.
- Extensive experience in laboratory environment.
- Computer skills to include hardware & software (incl. MS Office packages).
- Excellent communication skills for customer service and the expansion of Service products including support agreements
- Effective organizational and administrative skills
- Current Driving licence.
- Ability to deal professionally with people at all levels or the organization.
- Willingness to travel 30%
- Comfortable in clean room environment
- Knowledge of automation- Delta V control
Fastnet has a strict confidentiality policy - please be assured that your details will never be forwarded to any third party without your consent.
Fastnet - The Talent Group
'Not Just Placers.........Partners'
The Life Science Specialists