Process Development Engineer
Process Development Engineer to join a dynamic R&D team developing innovative and sensor-based guidewires. As a member of a small R&D team you will have the responsibility for developing and maintaining manufacturing processes, supporting both product development and manufacturing needs.
- Primary responsibility for process development activities in assigned area, supporting the needs of new product developments and manufacturing/continuous improvement initiatives.
- Review product designs, test protocols and co-develop critical characteristics/tolerances for initial testing, validations and subsequent routine manufacturing controls.
- Participate in design evaluations where appropriate.
- Support product development builds including prototype and pre-production build
- Support design and process improvement activities.
- Act as an advocate for continuous improvement activities using statistical techniques, lean manufacturing tool, six sigma, design experimentation for process and equipment, to achieve targets and cost savings.
- Lead or support, troubleshooting on equipment while providing coaching and mentoring to other engineering staff. Will have prime role with respect to equipment and process safety ensuring standards are met and exceeded at all times.
- Maintain the R&D equipment and laboratories in line with GMP to support all R&D prototyping activities and pre-design verification builds.
- Minimum of Bachelor's degree in engineering or material Science.
- 2 to 6 years of experience preferably in the medical device industries or other comparable industries (e.g. electronics, automotive etc...
- Knowledge of engineering theories, methods and work measurement techniques.
- Ability to apply engineering methods in the definition, design, research, development, utilisation, maintenance, and cost-control of processes and equipment to build Integer Ireland products, improve qualities and reduce costs of such processes and products.
- Knowledge of techniques and tools for improving manufacturing products and processes is an advantage e.g. DoE, statistical techniques, six sigma, Minitab etc...
- Proficiency and experience in 2D and 3D CAD Modelling using Solidworks or equivalent is an advantage.
Fastnet has a strict confidentiality policy - please be assured that your details will never be forwarded to any third party without your consent.
Fastnet - The Talent Group
'Not Just Placers.........Partners'
The Life Science Specialists