Leading Medical Device Client in Galway have a requirement for an Engineering Manager to join their team. Permanent position.
- Implementation, installation and commissioning of new equipment.
- Selecting and leading cross functional teams to achieve improvement in productivity, efficiency, and quality, where necessary including major automation projects.
- Management and maintenance of toolroom and all Engineering Drawings.
- Development and implementation of new Engineering concepts.
- Management of the transfer and standardisation of the process and products from the major customer sites.
- Prepare and develop financial models for new business.
- Effectively transfer technology from one site to another.
- Develop, implement and control new product introductions.
- The improvement of productivity through local initiatives involving the modification of methods, layouts and equipment.
- Preparation and controlling of all department costs within agreed annual budgets.
- Overall control and application of Engineering and process methods leading to World Class Manufacturing philosophies, and preparation and implementation of standard line times.
- Ensure that those who report to you receive satisfactory training and are encouraged towards personal development.
- Manage department spending within the limits set by the annual budget.
- Play a leadership role in encouraging the Company to achieve world class standards, above all by setting your own high professional standards as an example.
- Lead the introduction of new technologies and new products from the other sites -this includes taking products from R&D and developing efficient manufacturing process, which delivers product that conforms to the company's rigorous quality standards.
- Achieve the highest levels of product and process quality within the business, meeting or exceeding both internal and external customer expectations.
- Ensure proactive response to all customer complaints, whether internally generated or externally generated, by seeking root cause for problems and correcting them at the source.
- Establish and maintain a process of continuous improvement that is focused on the quality of the products and process within the business.
- Ensure open communication and co-operation with Manufacturing and Quality Assurance for the rapid recommendation and implementation of design changes necessary to correct problems or improve the products and processes.
- Undertake flexible teamwork approach in sharing resources to facilitate multiple simultaneous projects and process improvements.
- Relevant Engineering Degree or equivalent.
- 10+ years' experience in a similar leadership role in a fast paced, highly regulated manufacturing environment (Medical Devices preferred)
- Substantial experience in Automation and New Product Introduction.
- Product transfer knowledge
- Proven ability to supervise and lead
- Ability to coordinate, plan and organise substantial engineering projects
- Attention to detail & ability to work in an organised fashion.
Fastnet has a strict confidentiality policy - please be assured that your details will never be forwarded to any third party without your consent.
Fastnet - The Talent Group
'Not Just Placers.........Partners'
The Life Science Specialists