Senior R&D Engineer - Process Development
The Senior R&D Engineer directs, coordinates, and exercises functional authority for planning, organization, control, integration and completion of engineering activities within area of assigned responsibility and focusing in Process Development. The associate is an advanced individual contributor using professional concepts and company objectives to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways.
- Lead process development activities in assigned area, supporting the needs of new product developments, manufacturing and continuous improvement initiatives
- Develop manufacturing processes from conception to full scale production, ensuring a smooth transfer from design to production.
- Investigates, research and develops and implements new process technologies.
- Introduce new manufacturing methodologies and technologies to support and optimize product development
- Lead the process validation activities e.g. IQ, OQ, PQ and PPQ.
- Review product designs, test protocols and co-develop critical characteristics/tolerances for initial testing, validations and subsequent routine manufacturing controls.
- Participate in design evaluations where appropriate.
- Support product development builds including prototype and pre-production build
- Lead and support design and process improvement activities.
- Act as an advocate for continuous improvement activities using statistical techniques, lean manufacturing tools, six sigma, design experimentation for process and equipment, to achieve targets and cost savings.
- Lead troubleshooting on equipment while providing coaching and mentoring to other engineering staff. Will have prime role with respect to equipment and process safety ensuring standards are met and exceeded at all times.
- Maintain the R&D equipment and laboratories in line with GMP to support all R&D prototyping activities and pre-design verification builds.
- Minimum of Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Material Science.
- 5-10 years' experience in a similar manufacturing environment.
Fastnet has a strict confidentiality policy - please be assured that your details will never be forwarded to any third party without your consent.
Fastnet - The Talent Group
'Not Just Placers.........Partners'
The Life Science Specialists