Multinational Client in East Cork have a requirements for a Senior Process Manufacturing Engineer to lead a small team of Process / Manufacturing Engineers in the Medical Device Department with responsibility for managing the engineering activities. Perm role, excellent opportunity.
- Coordinate and supervise a team of upwards of 6 reports (Engineers & Technicians) to achieve site goals and key metrics.
- Develop a talented and competent assembly engineering group. Coach and mentor the group and support continuous learning and development toward a performance excellence goal.
- Project Manage / Co-ordinate key projects within the areas of assigned responsibility, as well as support the Project Management Engineer on projects that span across multiple medical device departments.
- Support the Continuous Improvement strategy in conjunction with the Manufacturing, Quality and Maintenance Engineering functions in the area. Identify, support, or direct the execution of improvement efforts to reduce waste, increase yields and improve product quality in the assembly manufacturing area.
- Manage / support process, product and quality issues to achieve long term solutions. This includes technical support and contact with external site stackholders and customers on process and product lines.
- Identify and develop risk based approach to change management in conjunction with validation and QA groups.
- Support the more junior engineers in the development and execution of effective process validation protocols.
- Support all engineering tasks in the areas of BOM's, routings, line layouts, time studies, value stream mapping etc.
- Ensure that accurate and representative process data is generated, gathered, analyzed and trended
- Deliver regular reporting of process performance and provide technical process support to sustained manufacturing operations.
- Apply and lead DMAIC - Six Sigma approaches to solve issues and reduce variation in all assembly manufacturing areas.
- Participate in Customer Complaint investigations as required.
- Maintain and develop process documentation and procedures.
- Support the development of new product status and customer specials.
- Support EHS to identify and resolve health and saftety related issues.
- Engineering Degree or relevant Third Level Qualification.
- Masters in related discipline preferred
- Lean or Six Sigma Black Belt certification preferred
- Minimum 8 years experience in a similar engineering role within the medical device or similar industry
- Project Management, automated assembly equipment & Injection Moulding experience an advantage
- Strong leadership skills including development of engineering staff, successfully executing engineering objectives and projects, ability to lead in a cross matrix work environment.
- Experience in developing and executing effective process validations is essential in this role. (MVP's, OQ, PQ's etc)
- Excellent use of initiative and adaptable to changing priorities
- Ability to deal effectively with all employees and external business contacts while conveying a positive, service-oriented attitude.
- Effective presentation and communication skills- both written and verbal
- Working knowledge of validation systems.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Project, Word, PowerPoint at a minimum) and ability to use / learn Oracle as the company ERP system (preferably Oracle).
- Moulding or Overmoulding experience a distinct advantage.
- Analytical & problem solving skills using recognised methodologies, a process improvement orientation, and the ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced and results-oriented environment
Fastnet has a strict confidentiality policy - please be assured that your details will never be forwarded to any third party without your consent.
Fastnet - The Talent Group
'Not Just Placers.........Partners'
The Life Science Specialists