Site Shift Engineer
The primary purpose of this role is to provide Engineering leadership on-site (24/7 operation), outside of normal business hours to support the site IPT (Integrated Process Team) and laboratory areas. This is a leadership role with responsibility for incident management and also decision making. It will rquire the development of strong relationships with the IPT/lab shift leadership teams. All manufacturing related decision making will remain within the IPT however any escalations, support or incident management will be the responsibility of the site shift engineer.
- Act as incident controller for any site EHS events.
- Provide leadership to the site shift Utility team.
- Act as point of contact to provide any assistance to the IPT or laboratory areas.
- Chair shift meetings outside of business hours.
- Compile and issue end of shift reports outlining activities for that period. Issue KPI for the shift and make leadership interventions where adverse trending is observed.
- Overall Operations Knowledge of the Utility Areas: By working to understand all aspects of production at the shift engineer will demonstrate the requirement for cooperation and teamwork within the site.
- Provide technical support during the shift for the Utility operations
- Conduct investigation and problem solving for any issues (EHS or Quality) that occur during in the Utility areas during the shift.
- Audit and review all SOPs. Update as required.
- Provide assistance with the completion of periodic reviews.
- Participate as an EHS standard owner / deputy standard owner as required.
- Approval of Work Orders within the Site CMMS.
- Demonstrate safety, quality and cost consciousness at all times and in all decisions.
- Identify and scope opportunities for improvement. Develop a business case for initiatives and where endorsed support the project team in the execution of same.
- Maintain excellent standards of Good Manufacturing Practice and Good Housekeeping Practice
- Complete site Quality and EHS Gembas.
- Ensure the site maintains a continuous state of Permanent Inspection Readiness.
- Ensure that utility team members are properly trained and managed to work in a safe, quality conscious and effective way.
- Use Lean principles across all technical aspects of the process, by deploying Six Sigma tools and automation principles, to deliver a cost-efficient operating model for commercial production.
- 7+ Yrs Pharmaceutical Industry Experience with 3+ Yrs working in a similar leadership role.
- Experience of managing multi-disciplined teams.
- Lean Six Sigma qualification or experience of application of Lean principles is an advantage.
- Good knowledge of GMP / FDA regulatory requirements and current Health and Safety Regulations legislation.
Fastnet has a strict confidentiality policy - please be assured that your details will never be forwarded to any third party without your consent.
Fastnet - The Talent Group
'Not Just Placers.........Partners'
The Life Science Specialists