Job Title: Mechanical Engineer (Site based)
- Ensure works are carried out safely to industry, site and client specific safety requirements, this includes walking down works, generating RAMS/Method Statements and liaising with client representatives
- Resolve all enquiries and clarifications in a timely manner
- Execute works in a co-ordinated approach to fulfil the project requirements of cost, schedule and quality
- To generate work scope documentation and detailing applicable specifications for sub contracts such as painting,
- scaffolding, insulation, clean rooms architecture, scaffolding and HVAC
- Preparing bills of quantities, raising requisitions, material planning, receiving and release to the site works
- Liaise with workshops on pre fabrication and co-ordinate the works including prioritizations, test requirements, and
- Liaise with resource managers for the mobilization and demobilization of site resources, including arranging inductions,
- giving inductions and administration of all records for same
- Review of designs and ensuring there are no constructability issues, raise requests for information and tracking of same
- Site surveys and resolution of all construction activities with site foreman / charge hands
- Inspection of all works for compliance with safety requirements, technical specifications and compliance with design
- Planning of and preparation of all test documentation in accordance with the Project Quality Plan and Internal Testing
- Assist Construction Manager with the internal and external project status reporting
- Maintain all relevant project data on business systems, and document sharing portals
- Planning and the assembly of hand over packages to customer or their representative
- Liaison with internal and external QA/QC resources to ensure the compliance of our work scope with standards, client
- specifications and industry requirements.
- Work closely with Quantity Surveyors on cost management, including pricing of variations, reworks, progress reports,
- negotiation with clients and sub-contractors.
- Prepare snags and control snag list execution
- Site inspection of works including all sub-contractor work scope
- Site walk down with customers for final acceptance of the works
- Degree Qualification Mechanical Engineering, construction or equivalent
- 5 years relevant work placement experience as mechanical engineer is required
- Proficient in the use of AutoCAD, AutoDesk, Navis Works and Isogen or equivalent packages
- Completion of Management of Safety in Construction (MSIC)
Fastnet has a strict confidentiality policy - please be assured that your details will never be forwarded to any third party without your consent.
Fastnet - The Talent Group
'Not Just Placers.........Partners'
The Life Science Specialists