|Automation Manager, reporting to the Director of Engineering
- Reporting to the Engineering Director, lead the Automation team to establish goals and objectives to meet the needs of our customers (internal and external)
- Manage a team of 5 resources in order to meet the agreed objectives
- Ensure that HSE, Quality and Finance objectives are an integral part of the area objectives
- Establish an automation strategy & system for the site, in line with company requirements.
- Prepare and control budgets for the Automation area
- Prepare capital plan for the site annually
- Establish site master plan for Automation
- Oversee the creation of automation engineering designs that meet Production / Utilities / Engineering operational, quality and safety requirements.
- Ensure all capital projects are properly controlled and implemented to meet client requirements on cost, quality and schedule with the use of appropriate management tools.
- Ensure that systems are established and resources are available to ensure that the goals of the department are met.
- Establish KPIs for the areas and manage activities to ensure that the KPIs meet agreed targets.
- Approves automation URS's, detailed design system architecture drawings, specifications and other documents suitable for operational purposes. Reviews, comments and extracts automation information from P&ID's. Works closely with Process and Instrumentation disciplines as well as other departments, including Quality and Safety.
- Review and approve automation system documentation including but not limited to:
FDSs (HDS and SDS)
Test documentation and protocols
Change requests for hardware/software changes
- Assists maintenance and production for ongoing plant support, including all training aspects.
- Ensure continuous improvement and lean thinking is used in all activities.
- Ensure that team members' professional and leadership developmental needs are identified and support activities to address these needs.
- Ensure that all regulatory requirements are identified and measures put in place to ensure compliance.
- 10+Years experience in Pharma/Process/Food Industry with Extensive experience in Automation
- Ability to lead and direct a diverse and multicultural team of professionals
- Excellent written and oral communications skills, and a thorough knowledge of Irish and European industry practices and regulations are required.
- Working knowledge within chemical processes both batch and continuous operations.
- Familiar with the ISA S.88 model for Batch Control Systems
- Knowledge of GMP, GAMP, 21 CFR Part 11, Eudralex Annex 11, safety and environmental regulatory requirements
- Good understanding of the production & utility processes within a chemical facility, including Spray Drying operations.
- Good knowledge of communication networks, control panels, IT architecture management, data warehousing & implementation processes, HMI, MES, SCADA, PLC & DCS programming and historians.
Experience with the following systems required;
- Emerson Process Management - Delta V
- Site experience at FATs and SAT's
Background: University graduate with qualification in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering.
Fastnet has a strict confidentiality policy - please be assured that your details will never be forwarded to any third party without your consent.
Fastnet - The Talent Group
'Not Just Placers.........Partners'
The Life Science Specialists