The successful candidate will be responsible for driving improvements within complex fully automated production lines for a class 3 medical device. The role will require the engineer to lead projects targeting yield improvement, equipment utilization and reliability as well as providing technical leadership to a cross-functional team to maintain production output and quality requirements.
- Participate and act as automation expert (SME) in cross functional teams in support of high volume production lines.
- Identify opportunities and lead projects to improve overall equipment performance.
- Work effectively with equipment suppliers and customer regulatory requirements to expedite completion of critical tasks and project goals.
- Develop, troubleshoot and validate these systems in a compliant manner.
- Prepare detailed technical reports on process or quality issues.
- Implement/improve equipment maintenance procedures for critical equipment and responsibility for sustaining line maintenance routines.
- To understand, learn and develop in-depth knowledge for a range of complex assembly processes and equipment.
- Ensure that all Health, Safety, Environmental and Regulatory requirements are fulfilled
- Degree Qualification in relevant Engineering discipline.
- 2 years' plus experience in a similar role in MedTech or other highly regulated industry.
- Experience with vision systems, PLCs servo motors and general automation. Specific experience with Cognex cameras and Allen Bradley PLCs would be desirable.
- Strong aptitude for troubleshooting electromechanical equipment problems
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, coupled with a high level of commitment to the delivery of projects against agreed deadlines and targets.
Fastnet has a strict confidentiality policy - please be assured that your details will never be forwarded to any third party without your consent.
Fastnet - The Talent Group
'Not Just Placers.........Partners'
The Life Science Specialists