Engineering Manager (Projects/NPI)
We are recruiting for an Engineering Manager Projects/NPI for our leading MedTech client in Wexford. This is a permanent role with a competitive package. Amazing opportunity!
Reporting directly to the Engineering Director, the Engineering Manager will be responsible for managing the Project portfolio within the Engineering function and is responsible for implementing, maintaining and supporting the effective execution of projects within the company.
- Lead the development and implementation of a project portfolio that aligns with the strategic goals of the company and ensure best practice in project governance by maximising systems, people and processes. Projects within the portfolio will range in scope from programs of incremental improvement through to significant breakthroughs and new product introduction and development.
- Demonstrate strong leadership skills, influencing competencies, and a proven ability to drive lasting behavioural change.
- Provide leadership and guidance to the Project Management and NPI teams.
- Manage the portfolio of projects using standardised project management methods. This will involve working closely with stakeholders in other plants and departments in a challenging environment of competing priorities to achieve optimal outcomes that are aligned with the company's strategic goals.
- Manage the portfolio of the financial budget processes and ensure that projects are delivered to agreed budgetary commitments
- Employ Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma methodologies such as process mapping, root cause analysis, cause and effect matrices, FMEA, as appropriate in project work.
- Provide leadership and focus on strategic planning to assess and prioritise projects. Maintain the project prioritisation register and ensure project reporting is timely and accurate. Analyse and recognise patterns and trends in key performance indicators. Seek to propose and justify projects in a pro-active way.
- Lead the NPI engineering function within the Site to ensure that customer needs are met in a timely manner, by ensuring exceptional handover and commercialisation from the R&D teams and or customer transfers.
- Work closely with the commercial teams to ensure new products and R&D projects are continually added to the pipeline to ensure revenue commitments.
- Develop productive & effective relationships with colleagues in other sites, facilitating the sharing of best practice in both directions.
- Develop documentation and assist in training employees in new or improved procedures and processes.
- Bachelor's degree in Manufacturing/Engineering field. Master's preferred.
- Minimum 8/10+ years' in a similar engineering/operations role within a highly regulated environment
- 5+ years leadership experience- people and project management
- Proven track record in managing large-scale projects using formal project management methodology, including the management of multiple concurrent initiatives across sites.
- Knowledge of engineering and project management theories, methods and work measurement techniques.
- Proven influencer and communicator with stakeholders at all levels.
- Strong organisational skills, high performing team development and dynamic team coaching skills. Ability to train and lead assigned employees.
- Strong technical & problem solving skills.
Fastnet has a strict confidentiality policy - please be assured that your details will never be forwarded to any third party without your consent.
Fastnet - The Talent Group
'Not Just Placers.........Partners'
The Life Science Specialists