Fastnet The Talent Group are currently recruiting for a Senior Process Safety Engineer with a leading Biopharmaceutical client based in Cork. Excellent Opportunity for the right candidate.
Purpose of Role:
The process safety engineer role is a key role for continuing the high process safety standard and culture on site. This is a key role ensuring that new products and plant modifications are introduced in a safe and compliant manner.
Activities Within Role:
- Chair and document process and equipment Hazop assessments and other process safety related risk assessments for new and upgrades to existing processes.
- Ensure the site HAZOP register is upto date and schedule periodic review Hazops as per site schedule.
- To propose, develop and implement improvements and modifications from a process safety perspective to process areas and equipment in order to improve operations.
- Review and approval of process safety related documentation, including process Hazops and other related safety and engineering assessments,
- Perform process safety calculations for sizing of explosion relief devices.
- Conduct safety audits and continuously improve the Site safety management systems
- Oversee introduction of new products to the site from a process safety perspective.
- Review plans and specifications for new machinery and equipment to make sure they meet safety requirements.
- Review Safety Data Sheets (SDSs) for new Raw Material (RM) and RM extensions requests. (based on the content of the SDS, regulatory considerations, and other EHS issues related to the safe use, handling, and storage of the material)
- Participate and/or Lead PSM audits and internal Process Safety Gap Assessments.
- Understand the function of safety devices on machinery and direct the installation of controls based on these devices.
- Use Lean principles to deliver a cost efficient operating model for commercial production while not compromising EHS and Quality standards.
Qualifications & Experience
- 5+ Years working in a regulated environment in a similar role
- Bachelor of Engineering in a related discipline.
- Process Safety Certification.
- Ability to work on own initiative to resolve issues.
Fastnet has a strict confidentiality policy - please be assured that your details will never be forwarded to any third party without your consent.
Fastnet - The Talent Group
'Not Just Placers.........Partners'
The Life Science Specialists